When it comes to website builders, Shopify and Squarespace are two of the top user-friendly e-commerce industry leaders in the game.
So how do you determine which web giant to choose for your new online store? This run-down should point you in the right direction:
Shopify: With over 90 professionally designed and mobile-friendly templates, you’ll have full control to edit and customize your site, use your own domain or purchase one from Shopify, and use the site’s blogging platforms.
Shopify: Shopify offers 24/7 customer support and a guarantee that your customers’ contact and card information will be safe.
Squarespace: Squarespace is known for its award-winning website design. You can choose from and customize hundreds of website templates, which you can browse according to your industry. Plus, all sites are optimized for mobile.
Shopify: Securely accept Through Shopify Shipping, Shopify partners with leading carriers so that you can provide your customers with the lowest possible shipping rates.
Shopify: With Shopify, you can streamline, optimize and automate managing your online store and customer information, which means you’ll have access to stored customer billing information and shopping history, refunds, email templates and automatic inventory updates.
Shopify: Shopify will give you unlimited product listings and help you track, manage and organize your inventory from a single dashboard.
MARKETING AND SEO:
Shopify: Shopify has built-in SEO tactics and enabled selling on Facebook and Instagram. Offering your customers discounts and gift cards can prompt them to leave positive reviews.
Squarespace: Squarespace offers an array of engagement tools, including: analytics dashboard, MailChimp integration, Google Maps embedding, a mobile information bar, full-featured blogging and a customizable calendar.
Shopify: You can view and analyze your store’s performance using Shopify’s analytics dashboard and product and traffic reports.
- Shopify Starter: $5 a month with a 5% charge per transaction
- Basic Shopify: $29 a month with 2.9% + $0.30 per online transaction
- Shopify: $79 a month for added features, a higher shipping discount through Shopify Shipping, access to Shopify’s POS Lite and lower transaction fees. Using Shopify Payments you’ll pay 2.6% + $0.30 per online card transaction
- Advanced Shopify: Made for larger and quickly growing businesses, this plan offers the lowest available shipping rates and transaction fees. It’s $299 per month for your service, plus 2.4% + $0.30 per online card transaction
- Personal: $12 a month billed annually; Perfect for freelancers and small businesses that just need a landing page, this plan offers a simple, mobile-optimized website, a custom domain, basic analytics, SSL security and 24/7 customer support.
- Business: $18 a month billed annually; geared towards business owners this plan features professional G Suite account and email address, advanced website metrics, the ability to sell unlimited products, fully integrated e-commerce and complete customization, and more.
- Basic: $26 a month billed annually; includes customer information, advanced analytics, Xero integration and a mobile-optimized store and checkout.
- Annual: $40 a month billed annually; offer your customers subscription services, gift cards, discounts and abandoned cart recovery, among other features
Long story short: Shopify has way more features for business owners, especially e-commerce stores. Squarespace offers more aesthetic features that may be better suited for freelancers and service-based businesses.