Instagram is testing new features that will affect the way you use the app. Instagram has launched a couple new features as they gear up for steep competition in 2023 with other apps (like BeReal, TickTock, YouTube, etc.).
Instagram Launches & Tests New Features
- To use Candid Stories, you must first post a story to your profile. Then when it’s time to share more photos or videos of yourself with your followers, tap the camera icon in the upper right corner of your screen and select “Candid.” You can also access candid stories by choosing “New” from the options at the bottom of your screen; this will take you directly into their section on Instagram Explore (which we’ll cover below).
- Once you’re in Candid mode, simply select which pictures and videos are going to appear in this particular post. You can choose up to 24 different images or clips for one story; once selected, make sure they’re arranged how you want them before publishing!
- Stories shared publicly on Instagram are visible only by other users who follow both people involved—so be mindful about how much information about yourself (and especially others) is being shared publicly! It’s not just those with whom we interact directly who might see these intimate moments—sometimes an unintended audience could end up seeing us at our worst/most vulnerable moments (“accidental voyeurism”). Still want those candid pics? Keep reading…
It’s a way to get your followers’ attention, because they can nominate you for something. They may not even know the person who nominated them, but it will get their attention, and that’s what it’s all about: getting eyes on your product or service.Nominations are also a great way to take the focus off of yourself and put it on others—especially other businesses in your industry that might be relevant to your audience. That way when someone sees a nomination from one of their favorite accounts and clicks through, they won’t be overwhelmed by tons of self-promotional content from you alone!
Group profiles are a new feature that allows you to create a profile for your group, and then add as many people as you want. You can select your own group profile picture, give it a description and bio, and choose whether or not it remains public or private.
You can only have one group profile on Instagram at any given time; however, if the creator of the group changes their mind about who should be included in the group, they can remove any individual from their list by following these steps:
- Open up Instagram on your smartphone or tablet device of choice. The app should be open by default unless it’s been downloaded onto another device like an iPad after opening once before—in which case it may need some time before showing up again when used next time around.”
- You can create a collaborative collection with your followers.
- You can share the collection on your profile, or on the profile of someone else who has created a collection.
Instagram is testing new features out to make sure they’re the best possible version of the app.
Instagram is always looking to improve their app, especially as they compete with other social media platforms. They want to keep users engaged and coming back to the platform. In order to do this, they have testing new features out on a small group of users in order to make sure they’re the best possible version of the app.
Some of these features are already available on other platforms, like Facebook, but Instagram is testing them out to see if they’re a good fit for its users. In the case of Group Profiles and Collaborative Collections, it seems like there’s a lot more work to be done before they’re ready for release.